View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 12:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sadly I have lost friends due to inability to participate in many get togethers the invites gradually dry up and before you know it you have lost touch. I don't believe it's intentional they just think she will say no so no longer ask. Of course I'd still like the invite and option to decline, because sometimes I surprise myself and I'm well enough to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I had a visit from an old friend the other day. We worked together when we were just teenagers (at K-Mart!!) and stayed in touch off and on but I had not heard from her in years. Well, she found me and called and we arranged a time to visit at my house.

I explained to her that I have MS and am limited as to where I can go and what I can (comfortably) do.

She has Lupus now and is quite ill. Although she can still drive and gets around fairly well she cannot work and deals with severe fatigue.....something I can relate to.

We had a nice visit and caught up on many years! We used to have such fun as teenagers....shopping and going to the Mall, etc. Little did either of us know how our lives would so drastically change.

We promised not to lose touch again.
Blessings2You (11-07-2016), ger715 (11-06-2016), Kitty (11-08-2016)