Thread: Hernias
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 12:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Blood tests

I've had blood taken every day but couldn't get them to do endocrinology check. Well not that they would tell me. Had me on a drip ever since I've been in here and in addition to saline, dextrose they have from time to time administered magnesium bags, potassium bags, pain relief bags. Finally stopped vomiting this morning, had success the other end yesterday and they've put me on nourishing fluids for lunch, light diet for tea and if I can keep that down tonight might go home tomorrow.

So it's dense adhesions causing the obstructions, if it occurs again this year or early next year I have to attend this surgeon and have them divided and sparsed?

The good news is since starting the water plan and no processed foods I've lost 6kg, so no strain on the incisional hernias. Although I must say they felt the strain with this obstruction, my stomach looked like I had swallowed a balloon and all my hot air puffed it right out to extended basketball size. Seriously, I looked like I was due with twins!!

Supposed to have had my performance review last week and rescheduled because I took a colleague to hospital, now this week I'm in hospital. I hate reviews, had a bad experience years ago, never managed to overcome my dislike of them since. I've offered to do it by phone tomorrow as I would prefer to get it over and done with. Hope my boss is agreeable.
ger715 (11-07-2016)