View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 07:35 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Ldn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
Just to let you know I was able to get a prescription for LDN through one of my former doctors and it can be filled at my local CVS, because it is for the 50mg tablets. According to the pharmacist I spoke to at CVS this is getting to be a fairly common practice. Wow. (:

Edit: update, the prescription was sent not to CVS, but to the local compounding pharmacy, which screwed up my betahistine in the past, sigh. Since it is a compound it is not covered by insurance. The cost is $70 for a months supply, which to me is simply outrageous.

The cost per 50mg tab of naltrexone averages about $2.50. Taking 4.5mgs per day I would need approx. 3 tabs per month, at an approx cost of $7.50 per month.

Please share your thoughts. I am open to all suggestions. I hate to continue to get LDN online, but I may be financially forced into it, but at least now I have been prescribed it.
I have been taking LDN for about one month now. I started at 1.5 mg and am now up to 3.0 mg. It has been compounded for me by my local pharmacy with increasing dosages every 7 days of 0.5 mg mixed with Avicel for fast release. So far so good, and I think is a good idea to go slow. My GP is prescribing for me for seven tablets costing me about 17.00 to 18.00 a week. If prescribed for 30 days is less money, so when I get to (hopefully) 4.5 mg will cost a lot less a month. I don't know that I would feel confident mixing this myself with the proper filler.

I think my mood is better now than before I started, pain is a little better around my shoulder (CRPS started after rotator cuff surgery). I don't notice the pain very much during the day, but at night I do especially under my armpit. I also used DMSO 50 percent on my hand for two weeks 1/2 teaspoon twice a day and my hand is now pain free but my fingers are still swollen and somewhat stiff. Before the palm of my hand was very painful. I am able to use my hand because I constantly exercise it. Exercise is terribly important and I am still doing PT six months since surgery. I stopped using DMSO because my hand started burning after application and the tops of my fingers had a flaky look. This cleared up right away after stopping the use of the DMSO.

I wish you luck with your use of LDN.
gailr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-09-2016), Shay08 (11-08-2016)