View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 10:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default we need a person to champion us when in the hospital.

my wife is great at this. ALways have a printout of your meds and their schedule, with a short synopsis of what happens when you do not get them on time.
Then you need your care-giver to go down to the nurses station and (this is important) identify the nurse who will listen and not politely nod as she fills out some form.

my wife got both shifts on the ball. She was down to the nurses station like a shot if they missed a med.

In any event, take your own supply of meds with you. UCLA did not stock Tasmar and tried to give me a placebo.
I told them to keep it.
DO not be afraid to challenge the nursing staff (with the realization that they see themselves as over-worked and underpaid....which-by-in large they are.....)

Your health is the ONLY issue that is important here. NOT the nursing staff's convenience! tell your doctor or failing that, your hospital administrator if you do not get the care you need. let your MDS know whenever you are hospitalized.

It's a good idea to get in the neurological ward if you can.
You should work this out with your MDS and your GP if you can, before-hand.

I noted the level of care was MUCH improved in the neurological ward than on the surgical ward at UCLA. (nurses we prettier too!!)

Charlie
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote