View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Few Questions and seeking information

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I came across it while searching for more information on PCS. I'm 24 years old and I've suffered a handful of concussions throughout my life time, all sports related injuries from football and lacrosse throughout high school and college. Most of the times I got a concussion, I've healed in less than a month. However, I got a concussion about 7 months ago when I got pushed into the side of a metal door and hit the left-side of my head near the temple.

At first, I just felt like I was getting the flu, super tired, groggy etc. I went about my normal life: working, weight-lifting and socializing etc. It wasn't until a few days later everything hit me full blast. Dizziness, headaches, memory problems etc. I went to the doctor, got a CAT scan, the whole nine yards. Since then I've been battling my symptoms. It's a roller coaster ride to say the least. I've had periods of time where I feel like I'm almost back to normal but only to have my symptoms return but even worse. Constant ups and downs. I'm currently in one of my downstages. In the past, working out seemed to help, now it makes things even worse. My symptoms have always been tingling at the crown or sides of my head, minimal short-term memory problems (forgetting what I just recently did) and my vision. My vision is the absolute worse problem. I have trouble focusing, everything seems to be going in hyper speed. Usually when my vision goes to hell, everything else goes as well. I used to be able to play video games (FPS) and feel pretty good afterwards, it helped with eye movements, strategical thinking and decision-making. However, the doctor told me I need to stop right away. The only thing he said was TV, if I show no symptoms.

I've started going to physical therapist for vestibular therapy. Doing eye exercises, multitasking, exerting myself etc. It seems to be helping but I still have my really good days and my really bad days. I eat as healthy as possible, I've been taking magnesium glycinate, multivitamins, fish oil etc. I have stayed away from alcohol for the past month and really have been trying to limit screen time outside of work. However, nothing seems to help. I feel pretty good when I'm in isolated areas but when I go out into the city (New York) everything just seems to go to hell. Doesn't seem to help that work can get quite stressful and that stress adds on top of the stress I have when I question how long it will take to make a recovery.

Any advice, useful tips is much appreciated! I feel like I've been in the dark for the past 7 months. I know I'm not the only one struggling with this and I know people have it a lot worse than I do. I'm not looking for sympathy, just for knowledge and understanding. It's hard to document everything that has happen in the past 7 months for me but I've tried to include all the major points.

Thanks all.
Mayballs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote