View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Lumosity is a total waste of effort. It is good at improving a lazy brain but not an injured brain.

Memory issues can be due to a physiological a injury to the brain or they can be due to poor focus. Extraneous stimulations (distractions) can interfere with memory. There is no way to fix an injured memory function but you can learn to focus better so a distracted memory works better.

If you can "stop to think" and remember what you just did, that suggests a focus issue. Your memory may just need a bit more effort. For things that you need to remember for easy recall, you can talk to yourself. "I need to remember to call the doctor." This put the information into auditory memory processing. Taking notes can help. The action of writing something down with improve how the brain memorized it.

Many long term limitations from brain injuries are best resolved with learning new ways to function with work-arounds and accommodations. Trying to push through and function as before the concussion is counterproductive. If the old way of functioning returns, it will be a slow process, not something a bit of Lumosity or therapy will fix.

Patience is your friend.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote