Thread: Hernias
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 02:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Gerry, funnily enough, I've had worse obstructions !!

No didn't get to do my review by phone. I have a good boss and I'm not concerned over anything that may occur in this review. Mainly my angst is just an age old remnant memory from a time back in the 1990's where I once had a manager scream, shout and swear at me in a review that took place in a restaurant - as I was trying to contain my tears the guests on the table next to us were passing me tissues and he, my manager was telling them to F##k off. I was being abused for showing a potential employee (who I had interviewed) around the facilities the hotel offered our guests - nothing back of house and nothing I hadn't done a million times before. The only difference this time being I was still considered a new manager in this hotel (I'd been there 3 months) and the person I showed around was what this GM considered to be a foreigner (dark hair, skin). Needless to say I excused myself from the review, made my way to the ladies, rang head office, left for the day & never went back. I'm told the next person he reviewed that day had him rifle through her handbag and slap her on the back of her knuckles with her hairbrush before he threw it across the room. He locked another young man in his office after disabling the telephone - of course this was b4 mobile phones were must be accessories. I have sometimes wondered if he got the sack, but no one I knew would ever talk about him.

I'm feeling rather worn down for want of a better word. Went & saw my GP, she has signed me off of work for another week.
bluesfan (11-11-2016), ger715 (11-10-2016)