View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 08:11 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Bud & Mark - The advice is much appreciate and I'm starting to not push myself anymore. I'm starting to accept the reality I'm in and am more focused on recovery than ever. I feel that stress and anxiety is really hurting me. I work in finance and I know that my job plays a big part. I find that I am able to function at work properly and staring at the computer screen doesn't hurt or cause any symptoms (for the most part.) I find that when my thoughts start to overflow, especially about my symptoms, my symptoms get worse.

I was wondering (without going on medication) what is the best way to combat this? Would a neuropsychologist help? The person I've been working with for vestibular rehab recommended I speak to one.

On a positive note, I've found that my vision is in the process of coming back to normal. The tingling sensation in my head is very minimal now, I'll get a random "spike" every now and then. However, I still find myself to get a little overstimulated as I walk to work, not as bad as I used to though (I live in NYC.) What is the general rule of thumb when learning to deal with all this noise and commotion? My vestibular therapist says that I should start to get my heart rate up to help combat this and get my brain used to it again. Which means 10-15 minutes on a cardio bike or going for a long walk with a heightened pace.

You guys have all been very helpful so far! Apologies for all the rapid fire questions.
Mayballs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote