View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

There are no general rules for dealing with your struggles. Everyone's experience is different. The similarities are: You need to try to identify triggers so those triggers can be moderated. A computer screen may or may not be a problem. f-lux can allow you to change the brightness of a monitor. Some can just use their keyboard to change brightness. For me, Fn and left arrow does it. Others have screen darkness in the numbered F keys.

Ambient noise in the room can be over-stimulating. Same goes for getting to work. Subways, sidewalks, elevators, and all sorts of crowds and chaos can be a challenge. Is it the sights, the sounds, the need to dodge people, ? Multiple voices can be a big trigger as the brain tries to process each voice it hears. Hear plugs or ear buds with calm music can help.

Sometimes, it is trial and error to find a solution.

Bud and I are rural dwellers so navigating a city is foreign to us. I would be a mess in NYC. I left San Jose to get away from commotion.

Read the Vitamins sticky. B-12 and the rest of the B vitamins help the brain tolerate stress.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote