View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 04:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Concussed,

I had to think about how to write this to you, sorry it took me so long.

I am pretty active and exercise has been a part of my daily life for 42 years now, since I was 15 and went running to impress a girl at high school and found out I enjoyed the run.

I could not exercise for 2 years after my injury but I tried.

I went running a mere 2 months after my head getting broken during the heat of the day for several days. It resulted in terrible symptoms and I ceased trying. I am now able to run on a treadmill inclined without hurting my head..on the road still jars things and I pay for it for several days.

I tried walking after a year and resulted in terrible symptoms, had to quit.

I started to swim with some success.

I started weights at 20 months post accident with a weird caveat to it. I remembered lifts and form no problem but the sensations and stiff muscles where totally foreign to me. I had to relearn what exercise felt like.

I went about things slowly and added as I could. I had to learn what was actual physical symptoms and what was anxiety. As I learned to recognize what was strictly anxiety I was able to increase activity as well.

I missed 2 years of skiing but made up for it this summer and if snow appears I will this winter as well.

Hope something in this makes sense to you.
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ConcussedButHopeful (11-12-2016)