View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 11:20 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alianazli View Post
So I was taking 20mg prednisone and has a relapse after 15 days of taking and got no improvement. My neuro has told me to for a plasma exchange and has upped my Imuran. I am currently on 10mg Prednisone and Mistinon 5 times a day... Please help me in guidance. What should I do now? I told my neuro that I am a poor women and cannot afford plasma exchange after I've spend almost 700,000 on Thymectomy in June. I am so depressed right now. Please help me... I have no hope left. When am I going to see the effect of Imuran? I do job as a teacher. If I lose it I will be homeless. I have kids to feed and they are school going. I cannot end my life. Please answer my questions. Should I go to a new neuro? She should've had prescribed me Cyclosporine? Methotrexate? CellCept?
Disclaimer: this is my first post. I am 30 and just diagnosed with MG about 6 months ago, but have fighting symptoms for two years. I am brand new to alot of this stuff so please consult a neurologist and take everything i say with a HUGE grain of salt.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. MG is ever changing condition and makes treatment very difficult as you know. I have a wife and two kids for which I am the sole provider. I know that burden can be very difficult to bear with a disease like MG. Please take heart knowing there are several companies working for a cure. I know one company in Germany is working on their first set of human trials. I am very hopeful a cure will be found in my lifetime.

I too am in a very high stress job. Stress is a MG trigger. I am currently considering whether or not I need to find a less stressful job. Even though pay may be less, it may improve my health. This may be a step for you to consider.

Also, I am currently only taking Mestinon Time Span and regular Mestinon. I am currently taking 1x 180mg Timespan in the morning and 3 to 5 x 60mg regular Mestinon in 3-4 hour intervals. Now, I'm a big guy, but my understanding is that does is not too large. I have never tried anything else, but have seen a huge reduction in symptoms. I know you are on several other medications, but to me a much higher dose of Mestinon may be needed.

Maybe unrelated, but I also take 2x20mg of Adderall daily( though I recommend Vyvanse) for ADD. However, considering the stimulate nature of the drug, it helps me greatly to overcome my MG symptoms to get through my day.

I have not researched this at all, but I wonder if reporting MG to an employer as a disability would help at all. This would help protect your job. I know with people with Narcolepsy, naps can be prescribed and employers must provide you with time and space to do so. Or it maybe that they provide you a designated teacher's aid to assist you so you do not get bogged down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
SIM52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FREDH (11-12-2016)