View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 09:50 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Caprice, you have my sympathies. I am not a doctor, and only had MG diagnosed for about 6 months. There is no single definitive test for MG. Often, Mestinon is often prescribed to a patient in order to diagnose MG. If it helps, you probably have it. Mestinon is very safe as far as side effects. In my case, once I figured out MG, my nuero ran the antibody test and did a Thymus EKG, both came back clean. At this point, my nuero gave me the option to start on a small does of Mestinon, even though I had no positive tests. Again, this common. It is often more definitive than more expensive testing. I had immediate improvement. Eyelid shot up, I immediately felt stronger. Speech issues and trouble swallowing went away.Given where you are at, I am shocked your neuro hasn't started you on Mestinon to see if it helps.I don't recommend dropping your neuro, mainly due to time. It will take you months to get a new one up to speed. Drs these days are disconnected. You have to tell them what you want to do. Have you daughter call them. Request they call you in a script for Mestinon, just to see if it helps. If they are unwilling, then get a new nuero.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
SIM52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ErinBear (11-13-2016), FREDH (11-13-2016)