View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 11:13 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie0513 View Post
THank you Littlepaw for your words of encouragement! I am in such a bad place right now and it happened so quickly...I don't even recognize myself right now...I look in the mirror and I look hollow and empty. I know this will pass at some point though!
Sophie, I really feel your emotional pain right now. I have a tendency to worry and stress out over the decisions that need to be made regarding treatments. Stress overload tends to worsen our pain. I try to deal with it using mindfulness exercises and by preparing in writing every question or comment I have to address with my doctor(s).

"SHould I talk to my PM doctor about the MN? I told him about it at our first meeting but he didn't see to concerned about it. Or should I wait and see how I respond to the sympathetic nerve block on Wednesday and the gabapentin? I will search the threads again about blocks but I did watch (forget his name-Dr chop raps video) and he said nerve blocks really don't help. I just have this nagging feeling that my left foot/mortons neuroma is coming into play in all of this or it could have been the cortisone shots. All I know is that it is creating a lot of painful burning
"

I believe you should address all of these issues with your doctor. Whether you do that before or after your nerve block is up to you. If I am not mistaken, you had nerve blocks with your first encounter with CRPS and you eventually went into remission. Be prepared with a written list and listen closely to the doctor's responses. Leaving issues unspoken will only add to your stress.

Try to think positively. You went into remission before and you can do it again!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Remember we are here for you and care.

Shay
Shay08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (11-13-2016), Sophie0513 (11-13-2016)