View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 07:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfeather View Post
Zanpar, assuming everything checks out in phase 2 and 3, how many years would it take before it might be available? Would neurons be restored, or is this drug only going to halt or slow down PD progression? Is this drug our best hope in your opinion?
The Prothena drug seems to be quite promising as it reduces the alpha synuclein protein that the prevailing science seems to be believed to be the protein that is gumming up the works and causing Parkinson's. Whether AS causes parkinsons and other questions like - do we need some alpha snuclein or how much is too much seem to be yet to be answered. I'm no expert but it seems like phase 2 will happen next year and hopefully phase 3 in 2018. I think studies of the drug Nilotinib are quite promising too and at least 3 studies of this drug are slated to be started in the New Year! Further, it is a drug that has been used for at least 8 years. It increases autophagy which seems to clear alpha snuclein. If the alpha synuclein theory is true I believe we're going to see vast and exciting advances in the next few short years!

At 5 Years, Nilotinib Offers Benefit Over Imatinib in CML | Cancer Network

Last edited by zanpar321; 11-13-2016 at 10:27 PM.
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote