View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 07:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT52 View Post

The bad news is that, apart from Plaquenil, there are usually no treatments offered for Sjogrens apart from topical ones and symptomatic nerve pain meds. I know that this is a great source of misery for many sufferers and things do seem to be improving in the US - with Sjogrens World Foundation and Dr Mandel's excellent articles and Professor Birnbaum's work at the John Hopkins. But I am not sure this has yet filtered out across the international rheumatology or neurology communities yet.

I am diagnosed with "borderline" sjogrens as the cause of my full body neuropathy. I had the lip biopsy and now 2 years later still have a numb spot in my lower lip. I agree with the bad news of plaquenil being the only other autoimmune treatment offered. For this reason I wouldn't recommend the biopsy. I decided not to try the plaquenil due to the fact that I have no swelling at all, and that seems to be what it is helpful for. I might change my mind at some point, but for now I continue to try for other opinions and options.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote