View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

I suffered a partially crushed optic nerve during a multiple skull fracture and have acute light sensitivity as well as Post Trauma Vision Syndrome. I worked extensively with a COVD vision rehabilitation neuro-optometrist (finding a good one is tough). Try the NORA, Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association to see if there any trained optometrist in your area with the caveat that many are charlatans out to commit you to uninsured vision therapy rather than trying to help.
As I am doomed to live behind blackout curtains and wear sunglasses at night, finding vision therapy was critical to recovery. Direct sunlight without protection and I am on knees wilting like a modern day Nosferatu. For the computer, first put it on accessibility mode - black background with green letters, and dim it right down.
I am currently using an FL-3 tint although I see mainly FL-41 given much ballyhoo. It is really an individual decision as to what tint works best for you. I do 20 minutes on computer then a 5-10 minute break to stop onset of migraines even with the dark amber tint and adderall.
Aguirre is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote