View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 07:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Tickborne Dysesthesias

I thought I'd post this for the people who are in the still in the idiopathic camp. Lyme Literate doctors are finding that a substantial number of their patients have some type of neuropathy, this includes my LLMD as well.

A presentation by Dr. Jemsek:

http://aonm.org.uk/sites/default/fil...ense%20JSC.pdf

A few highlights: On page 10, sensory c-fiber lesions are mentioned. Pg 59-63 talks about dysautonomia and mononeuritis multiplex. Pg 82-96 "POEMS".

Info from Dr. Jemsek's website about what type of neurological symptoms he sees with tickborne illnesses at his clinic:

More on LD Symptom Complexes - Jemsek

"Possibly the most common cranial neuropathic symptoms we detect are reports of a sensation of sharp or radicular facial pain, twitching of the facial muscles, or dysesthesias described as either numbness or itching "like something crawling all over my face". Obviously, these symptoms reflect inflammation of the 5th nerve. We always query our patients about these symptoms since many patients will fail to volunteer these complaints. They sheepishly state that the symptoms are so bizarre that- no one believes them and so, out of embarrassment, they no longer discuss this issue. We believe that these cranial neuropathies, as well as other associated symptoms such as tremor, assorted tics and regional dysesthesias of the torso or extremities, are more common than realized in persistent Bb infection and reflect a generalized polyneuropathathic syndrome. Hence, we feel this supports our preference to refer to persistent LD as neuroborreliosis."
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (11-20-2016), mrsD (11-17-2016)