View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 11:04 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1 View Post
Man oh man. I have issues. The biggest being my eyes are still seeing double and blurry, so I can't see how to start a new thread. I had more blood labs testing for myasthenia and Musk. All tests came back negative. I am taking 60 mg mestinon 3 times a day. The swallowing difficulties are much better and my eyes are better until after lunch. Then I begin to see double and things appear blurry. I have asked the neurologist to refer me to a neuro ophthalmologist. I feel tempted to quit taking the mestinon and go about my merry way, but not being able to see well in the afternoon and evenings is driving me crazy. I also can't drive at night or for much longer than 45 minutes. Rant over and so discouraged
I have bad double vision too. Realize that unlike other symptoms that are only caused by the MG, the double vision is a two fold problem. Your eyes and brain have gotten used to your eyes just loosing focus. Your eye muscles are out of shape and your brain let's them off the hook. You have to find a dose of Mestinon that allows you to focus as long as possible in the day. Then it is matter of your eyes getting back in shape and forcing them to focus and not zone out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
SIM52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (11-17-2016), FREDH (11-17-2016), Jane1 (11-17-2016)