View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 05:12 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Diabetes, or CIPN/HNPP/CMT?

Can someone who knows let me know if Diabetic Neuropathy can cause nerve pains or inflammation all over the body when you press on the nerves? I know it usually starts in the feet, then goes to the hands and the rest of the body, even the eyes. But I seem to have a big problem with pressure on nerves. I did find some information that it can cause impingement syndromes like Carpel Tunnel, Tarsel Tunnel and Sciatica...

Focal Entrapment Neuropathies in Diabetes | Diabetes Care

I am having a very hard time with sitting for more than 10 minutes. The pain in my legs gets bad (Sciatica) and my feet tend to burn more and get number! When I get up or walk it diminishes by a good amount. I also have to lay on a yoga mat to relieve the pressure. I also notice at times when sleeping if I lay on my sides my arms hurt and get tingly/numb, even on my back if I press on the elbows. So it seems my nerves are irritated.

I know that there is this thing called HNPP that is a Nerve Pressure Palsy, but not sure I have that as I never had any issues like that until the past year or so. Only thing I can think of is I noticed several years ago my wrist where I wear a watch, if it was too tight it would hurt a little. Also noticed my wrists would hurt doing push ups several years ago, then it went away but it's back now. But I have had a bad died for about 20 years now so who knows how long I have been in a prediabetic state!

You can view my whole story for anyone wanting to see what's been going on with me:

Whole body Neurological issues

Last edited by tj71; 11-17-2016 at 07:19 PM.
tj71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote