View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kelley, Thanks for replying. I saw your reply to my other post as well.
I am in southwestern Connecticut, the nearest thing you would see on a map to me is Danbury, on the western border with NY.
NH is rather far away from us. I suppose if I can find someone local who would work under the direction of a far-away doctor, and a far-away doctor who would work with the local doctor, that might work. Several of the really big-name hospital systems now have ties to the corporate medical system that is local, so it would probably work better if it is someone with associations like that. But having gone the rounds with several of them on my shoulder problem, I fear the same result with something so vague as mg, and then all that time and money and hope is wasted. I know I should talk to my GP, who is a decent man, about how that would work. I would think he would do it, if allowed. He does flout the system and refer to doctors who are not part of the corporate system, and I know he could get in trouble if caught actually doing that.

My local ER will kill me. And they certainly won't do anything I ask or suggest or insist on just on my say-so. I could write pages on them to support this, so just take my word for it. The neurologists they would call in for a consult are the one group in the area, who I have already seen and are dead-set on "no lab report, no diagnosis". They didn't even have a neurology department or staff neurologist until just the last year, when they finally convinced (forced, by way of limiting access, like they've done to all in the area) the one local practice to join the corporation. And so the good doctors in that practice left the area, like all the good doctors in other specialties have left since this corporation bought everything in the area out. It's bad here. Really bad.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote