View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 04:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart Gratitude Practice - Happy Thanksgiving!

As we approach the coming holiday, which is sometimes even celebrated outside the USA because Thanks is a good thing to give, I am reminded to focus on the many things for which I am grateful. Granted this can be a challenge when one is in pain and uncertain about the future. But I think that makes looking for the good that much more important.

I have found in this journey with a chronic pain condition that my life is much richer, more beautiful and easier to take when I pay attention to the little things that bring joy to every day. There is even some science behind this now as the benefits of Gratitude practice gain more recognition through study. It can sometimes take just a shift of perspective to see the many gifts around us. I will never forget the first time I felt good enough on my foot after CRPS to rake leaves for a short time. Had I ever felt lucky to rake leaves before? I don't think so. Was it a gift to be able to do so? Absolutely!

I attaching an article here with some nifty suggestions for Gratitude Practice.
The Science Behind Gratitude - How to Practice Gratitude - Happify Daily

I am grateful for too many things to list so I will simply say that it is great to have access to a community of understanding people.
Have a wonderful holiday. May your hearts be full and your pain low,

Shine Your Bright Light

Last edited by Littlepaw; 11-18-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (11-23-2016), catra121 (11-22-2016), Shay08 (11-19-2016), Sophie0513 (11-18-2016)