View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Holistic

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for posting this information about the difference between traditional and holistic dentistry. In the past I have posted information from this dentists website because it is blatantly honest, very informative and very helpful to those seeking less toxic, whole body dental care. I've also spent a great deal of time here and at work sharing the same information that he does

I think it would be helpful to debunk the misunderstanding about dental insurance for holistic dental care. As far as the insurance companies are concerned, both holistic and traditional dentists offer restorative, preventative and surgical care using the same universal dental codes to submit their claims. Unlike traditional care, true holistic care would not include fluoride, root canal therapy, and most metal containing restorations/crowns. Dental insurance does not discriminate on the type of dentist you see. The benefits a person receives from their insurance is based on the provisions and exceptions of their particular policy irrelevant of who they see. For instance, one policy may cover dental implants while another policy does not. But it has nothing to do with the type of dentist that is providing the treatment. Both types of dentistry offer treatments that are and are not covered by most dental insurances.

Here is another informative page from his website about dental implants..
Metal-Free Dental Implants

Thanks again Caroline for renewing this informative site to share with other here :-)

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***

Last edited by Bryanna; 11-19-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote