View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 07:33 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Dear tied,

I hope venting helped a little.

I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. I'm sorry that you are suffering… The worrying alone is enough

I'm sure the extra travel and visiting time is a burden now that Pop moved out. It must be especially difficult for you because of your health problems, and because you are studying for a license right now

I can understand how Pop's leaving could leave you feeling abandoned. It's unfortunate that he decided to move because it sounds like you could really benefit from someone loving and supportive who's in your corner right there when you need them, since it sounds like you feel like you're not getting enough support at home right now

You are clearly under a lot of stress. You said you can't take antidepressants because of your medical conditions, but could you take a low dose of a benzo such as Klonopin or Xanax for your anxiety? Are low doses of medications to help you sleep out of the question? Instead of sleeping pills, some MDs prescribe other meds off label (like trazadone) that are milder and can help with that. Asking couldn't hurt… unless you've already asked.

It's really hard to make time for therapy sometimes (honestly I just hate it). You could really use that support now, but ironically it seems to be the worst time since you are going through an adjustment period with your father having just moved, you are still studying to get that license, and are already crunched for time. I hope that when things settle down a bit, you are able to go, even if it's once a month that's something. In the meantime, I hope at the very least you have a good friend or family member you can vent to from time to time, even if you don't feel comfortable laying it ALL on them.

None of us can escape the what's going on in the US and abroad right now, and it's having a profound effect on millions of people. I can't tell you to put your head in the sand, but please try to avoid the news when you are already feeling vulnerable, especially on TV. The most important thing right now is that you take care of yourself….

We're here for you anytime you want to vent

Kay
OhKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-19-2016), eva5667faliure (11-19-2016), tied (03-14-2017)