View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm so glad you posted, Mari. I've been thinking about you
I'm sorry you are still suffering with all this ****

I don't know what you're taking, and I can understand that you don't want to post that because you are a private person.

I remember you started having a lot of new problems when you started taking risperdal. I don't know if you're still taking it or not, but anxiety, agitation, and the inability to concentrate are very common side effects.

As far as the anxiety, it's hard to know how much of that's a side effect of the med, and how much of it is because of an anxiety disorder/depression, until you d/c the med(s) involved. I know that you're uncomfortable taking klonopin now, but if the anxiety is still there once the med(s) are stopped, you'll need some relief. Ideally a replacement med will treat the anxiety, but have you ever tried Buspar?

I know that your pdoc has chosen to treat you with atypical antipsychotics/antipsychotics because of her theory about your dreamlets, and you have been through a lot of them. They tend to have more side effects than other medications. Have you been sleeping any better? If they haven't been helping you sleep, it may be time to switch to a different class of drugs with less side effects.

I don't know how many psych meds you are on, but I know all my past pdocs were in the habit of tacking on meds without taking any away. You may need more of a clean slate because of possible med interactions, or because you are on a med that is causing an issue, but you don't know which one because you're on a lot. Sometimes more isn't better, especially since you are so sensitive to meds. You could ask your pdoc if trying to taper off some of the meds you are on is an option.

I'm so sorry that you are having to go through all of this. It sounds like you are feeling just awful, and these drug trials must be so frustrating. I have no idea how you've been able to function at work. I hope that your pdoc is able to come up with a plan that respects your needs because only you know what you can and can't tolerate.

Thinking of you today Mari
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-19-2016), Dmom3005 (11-19-2016), Mari (11-19-2016), mymorgy (11-22-2016)