View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 01:34 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie0513 View Post
I may be overthinking this and definitely stressing out about this especially since I had to leave work! And I need to stop this until I get more answers or pain relief
But I was instructed to ice and I applied ice at least 4x a day so maybe this somehow pushed it from sympathetically maintained pain to sympathetically independent pain? Something else I should mention at my next PM visit.

I may possibly be he most anxious person to ever post on this message board:
No, you are probably not the most anxious person to ever post here. I am right up there with you when it comes to anxiety. I try to deal with it by using mindfulness.

You are really in a predicament because you are trying to research everything about CRPS, but that only keeps your mind on the negatives in your life. Aim for balance. Set a period of time for the research and then spend time researching something that you would find very pleasant. I know it is not easy to tune out all that pain, but keep bringing your thoughts back to the pleasant. It is not easy, but it can help reduce your anxiety levels.

Please keep in mind that CRPS is a very complicated syndrome. If doctors have not completely figured out how to help all of us, you are not going to find all the answers yourself. We are all different and we respond to treatments differently. All you can do is be aware of the different treatments available and when one fails, you try another. It is a journey that most of us know only too well.

Keep us updated and don't worry about being the most stressed person posting here. At least you are venting!

So now that you have finished reading this, take two minutes to think of something you find very pleasant, and hopefully you can bring down those stress levels.

Shay
Shay08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sophie0513 (11-20-2016)