View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 01:55 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie0513 View Post
The worst part of the block for me was that I was in the room on my stomach for 10 mins before the doctor came in. My anxiety was off the charts and than I couldn't wait for them to sedate me. I am really apprehensive about the block I have scheduled for this Wednesday....not so sure I want to do it again. When I had RSD initially at age 36, I did 12 lsnb in a 3 month period without second guessing anything. I went into remission about 1.5/2 years later and slowly got back into my life again. I had one good year and than started developing a variety of health issues over a one year period that once again disabled me! After six doctors, I was diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease which took another 18 months of medication and severe weakness and pain to get rid of. I think the RSD coming out of remission means another battle/fight which right now I don't feel I have in me. Thanks Marleen...nice to be connected with you here!
You have certainly been through a lot; no wonder your anxiety levels are high.
I believe that you do have the fight left in you. If you didn't, you would be curled up in bed and not bother to look for information and support. You have the fight left in you, and you will do whatever it takes to get through this. You went into remission once and it can happen again.

I also think that your doctor had a valid point. "His reasoning was that if he increased the gabapentin at the same time he was doing the blocks there would be no way for him to determine what was actually helping me. It seems like he is looking out for you. If the blocks don't help, you just have to ask what else he has in his bag of tricks.

Hang in there.

Shay
Shay08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sophie0513 (11-20-2016)