View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 09:44 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Unhappy More to my story/once again needing help!

As many of you know, in September I was dx'd with a mortons neuroma for which I received two cortisone injections in my left foot. Within a week of the 1st injection, the ball of my foot started burning which spread to the other foot. Podiatrist dx'd me with CRPS. PM doctor agreed. So do I. My foot has been burning hot/ice cold /red and blotchy; tingling and numb. I also have a past hx of RSD. WHen my foot/feet started getting bad, I noticed I was getting little electric type shocks in my hands and arms which came and went. I didn't pay much attention to this because I was focused on my feet and getting thru the work day with pain. These electrical shocks in my hands and arms started happening more. I mentioned it to my PM doctor two weeks ago before he did my lumbar sympathetic nerve block. He said not to worry because once my foot symptoms calmed down this would probably go away and he didn't think symptoms were spreading because that is not the usual spreading pattern.

Last night, the shocks started in my hands and arms. By bedtime, I felt the shocks from head to toe and I felt some hot spots(my face scalp neck chest and so On) I didn't sleep last night because this went on for hours!!)

My thoughts are:

Did it spread?
Is it the medication (Started gabapentin1300 mg on nov 1 and nortriptyline 25 mg which I doubled up on maybe 7x because I couldn't sleep; also started namenda and LDN a week ago)?
Is it my Lyme disease coming out of remission?
My partner thought maybe my anxiety(this was not anxiety) or fibromyalgia (I have lots of energy and no muscle aches)?
My diet? (I lost 15 pounds because I lost my appetite and have drinking boost most days and finally started eating food at night; I'm dehydrated a lot now and I stopped my supplements. Could it be from This? I had blood work done in June and it was good))
COuld it be another neurological issue mixed in?

sorry for such a long post , but I have never been thru anything like this nor do I know anyone who has. I don't think I want to get another nerve block this Wednesday. PLease I would appreciate any of your thoughts on this! Thank you
Sophie0513 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Shay08 (11-21-2016)