Thread: $ of Medicare
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 11:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davOD View Post
Please there is nothing "crappy" about Medicare!

^^^ I am sorry to all on the forum for my poor choice of words to describe Medicare. Thank you davOD for bringing it back to my attention.

I will bet it is FAR better insurance that what you have now.....

^^^ I think that will prove to be impossible. Currently I have BCBS via the marketplace. My premium is 34 bucks a month. I had a $500 deductible. It was met the first month of my having this insurance plan. Every office visit, lab work and all of the seven different meds I take each day -- cost of all these services to me -- ZERO!

^^^ Now davOD, do you really think that Medicare can compete/compare to how good of a plan I currently have?

The rules are what they are and have been for decades...

^^^ Understood. Thank you for the reminder. Seriously. I am not being sarcastic.

Maybe a call to SS or Medicare can clear up your misconceptions and get some good hard answers?

^^^ Excellent point. I did a lot of 'internet research' last night. It helped. The learning will continue.

There are usually groups at a local senior center that can help explain or even help you through this process....please check

^^^ Will do. Thank you. Please I will visit Walgreens. First, I will familiarize myself with the gov site. Enter my meds -- see what plans come up. Learn, lean. Which is fine and good.

And remember a health plan is not the same as a drug plan.....You have some option and not being forced for all coverage...

^^^ As noted above, I take 7 different meds every day so I most definitely need a plan (several plans?) to help with my meds.

I use a supplemental insurance for the other 20% of Medicare, and for eye and dental....

^^^ OK. Thanks.

I am lucky as my union covers just about all my meds and very little out of pocket.

*** I used to be lucky with all the benefits that my current plan supplies.

If the government was making money off Medicare, we wouldnt be having problems funding SS and Medicare...You may want to start reading up on it and keep away from the misinformation on TV?
(There is no such thing as a free market, that term was invented)
^^^ OK. And, I don't watch TV. Thank you for your assistance and the kind tone regarding the way you replied. Much appreciated. Thank you. Dean
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote