Thread: $ of Medicare
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 11:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I will assume (which I shouldn't) is that you have an employer based insurance plan?

*** I do not have an employer based insurance plan. This is my second year of not teaching school since I had to stop work due to disability. I obtained no Cobra. I finished what I could with the school year and since then, I have been getting insurance from BCBS via the marketplace.gov

If that is the case the employer is supplementing your great benefits.

*** See above. No employer for what will be three years come Aug 2017.

I do not know a single person paying $30 a month for any insurance unless its employer subsidized....

*** I made my first premium payment for the new plan which is to take place Jan 1, 2017 (see below a copy/paste just now from my bank). Same plan and cost I had last year via the marketplace. Meet $500 deductible then everything else cost ZERO.

Debit Credit Balance
11/21/2016 DC-BCBSKS EXCHANGE L (31.82)

No copay's with Medicare.....Its 80-20....plain and simple.

^^^ I pay a 500 deductible then it is ZERO on everything. . . plain and simpler!

Thank you for helping. Dean

Insurance company's are out to make money off you for profit, Medicare is a very low overhead form of insurance when you qualify.

There is alot to learn, and we may be getting even more cuts to SS and Medicare if Paul Ryan gets his way? (vouchers)Who knows?[/QUOTE]
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote