View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 05:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Edmunduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Hello david x and welcome to NeuroTalk.

I took a statin for a year and a half. In that time I lost my quality of life. I became quite weak, difficulty walking, Fatigue, memory loss/cognitive issues (my husband thought I was developing Alzheimer's) and I had to quit driving.

Unfortunately, I have a disease which can cause these same symptoms. For this reason it did not dawn on me that the Statin was causing my symptoms and my PCP blamed the symptoms on my Multiple Sclerosis (MS).

Through my own research and speaking to my Neurologist I decided to take myself off the statin.

Slowly I started to notice an improvement in my cognitive abilities and my fatigue wasn't as bad. The issue of leg weakness and mobility was something I had to work to regain. It took time, anger, frustration, and hard work but I was able to bring my mobility back to what is normal for me and to increase my strength. Fortunately, due to my disease, trying to regain mobility is something I have had to do several times in the past 29 years.

The FDA has since put a 'black box' warning on statins. I will never use a statin ins are the causeever again. Same here,

I am sorry for your experience, david x.

Best wishes.
Same here. Feet now killing me and the Statins are the cause. I stopped taking them but I think the damage has been done! Just got to meddle on as best we can I suppose.
EdmundUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote