View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 06:37 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
My atrophy is very well controlled and almost non-existent now. I am gaining strength too. I have to say the IVIG has helped with all this since I have improved so much since starting the higher dose (for neuropathy). I am even involved in equine therapy now to further improve my core strength and balance.

Are they considering a needle biopsy or open biopsy? I had an open biopsy (actual incision). They typically chose a muscle in a problem area, but discuss your concerns with the doctor ahead of time.
Thanks En bloc. The biopsy would be an open one. I'm particularly concerned about pain (the Sfn is already so awful, I worry how this will go during and after) Also healing, with virtually no small nerves in my skin I worry what issues there will be with healing. The skin biopsy site took so long.
The fact that your MRI did not show it too makes me slightly hopeful the biopsy will show what I can so significantly see.
If you or anyone knows why an MRI or the needle in muscle test might not show any of this yet a biopsy would I'd really value your insight. I feel a need to understand this. It's not clear from all I have read.
My main fear is they will somehow find nothing and then I will have to sit back and watch this just carry on and get worse - which it has. I just need to know.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote