View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 01:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoAvA View Post
Thank you for your answer !

My concern is that in my case it does not seem to be "acute" but chronic . The pain was really mild during 2 years, but now it is a bit different.

Also, what is really weird is that between the tick bite and the symptoms there were only a few weeks. Suggesting it would be a bit a short time to have chronic Lyme.... I had surgery under global anesthesia after the bite. Maybe the body immune system asleep allowed time for the Lyme bacteria to spread....

Anyway, I am confused. Dark times...
Hi Nicolas. Science has moved well beyond the way most conventional physicians are treating this disease. We know that Lyme persists in the test tube, in mice, in dogs, and in monkeys. In the near future, we should have more accurate and more direct testing methods, I'm sure we will be able to prove the infection persists in humans as well. Some LLMDs have actually PCR cultured their patients and have proven persistent infections after long-term antibiotic treatment.

I agree with Glenn, you really need to see a Lyme Literate clinician. I know that it will be challenging to find one outside of the United States, but you might have a persistent infection driving this autoimmune neuropathy reaction.

Only a few weeks passed between your tick bite and your symptoms, but you could have been infected before that and the infection might have been dormant. Also, coinfections are pretty much the rule with Lyme and not the exception. For instance, if you had Babesia and Bartonella, 3 weeks of amoxicillin would do nothing to address those infections. The surgery you had could have played a role in all of your symptoms by putting undue stress on your body and immune system.

I'm seeing more and more people with these types of neuropathy presentations on my Lyme forums and Facebook groups. My heart goes out to them. I recently corresponded with a lady from my home state of Wisconsin. She was bitten by a tick and 9 days later ended up in a hospital with full body neuropathy. Neurology said they have never seen a case like this. But the truth is, because testing is so poor, that neurologists are not making the connection that Lyme and coinfections are the cause of a variety of neurological conditions, both acute and chronic.

If you look for posts under my name, you will see what I've been going through with my neuropathy presentation and Lyme diagnosis.
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (11-23-2016), glenntaj (11-24-2016)