Thread: Do I have OCD
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 05:12 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Hello Greyteddybear: Welcome to NeuroTalk! I hope you find the time you spend here to be of benefit. Of course, we here on NT cannot diagnose you. That is a job for a mental health professional. Having written that, though, it certainly does sound as though you may have some OCD-like tendencies. Plus, from what you wrote, it sounds as though you are carrying around a lot of anxiety. This must be very difficult for you.

I don't know as I would have anything different to add beyond what has already been mentioned in the previous replies you've received. I would certainly agree that seeing a psychologist, or mental health therapist, might be a good way to begin to get a handle on what is going on with you. And, of course, if need be there are medications one can take that can be helpful as well. But my perspective at least would be that, before you get into that, try delving into your fears & anxieties via talk therapy.

If, at some point, you do decide to go the medication route, I think most people who take medications for psychological conditions feel that it is best to have them prescribed by a psychiatrist. General practice doctors, & doctors in other specialties, tend not to be well versed enough in the area of psych med's to do the best possible job.

By the way, are you familiar with California therapist Kati Morton? Kati uploads mental health related videos onto her YouTube channel. I know she has a number of videos related to OCD as well as others on anxiety & other topics. If you're not familiar with Kati's videos, I highly recommend them:

Kati Morton
- YouTube

My best wishes to you!