View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 07:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Hello cerebellarmaniac: I'm so sorry you had this distressing experience. (By the way, I have Meniere's disease & tinnitus. So I have some small sense of what you're dealing with.) My thoughts, with regard to what you wrote, are that your brother is abusive, mentally, emotionally & now even physically. You didn't mention, in your post, if the two of you live together. But, from what you wrote, that is the impression I have. Unfortunately, I have to say that this sort of abusiveness rarely disappears of itself. At least this is my impression. At best it continues on at it's current level. However, at least as likely, is that it continues to get worse until some real damage is done.

If this were not your brother, I would suggest that you consider reporting this incident to your local authorities. However, under the circumstances, I presume you most likely do not want to go there. My recommendation is to do whatever you have to do to put as much distance between yourself & your brother as possible before something even more serious occurs. From my perspective there is absolutely no excuse for any of what your brother is doing.

By the way, there is a domestic violence hotline one can call for advice & assistance in domestic abuse situations. I'm sure the majority of people who use this service are domestic partners of one sort or another. However, the NDVH may be of some benefit to you as well:

The National Domestic Violence Hotline | 24/7 Confidential Support

1(800) 799-7233

I wish you peace...
Thanks for letting me know. I really appreciated your thoughtful comments and suggestions. Luckily we don't live together. However, unfortunately he comes to my mom's place (where I live) multiple times a week to work on his motorbike.
Skeezyks (11-27-2016)