View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I used to take 500mg.... no effect on tinnitus, but very successful for me for sluggish gallbladder.

When I raised to 1000mg a day, that is when the tinnitus effect appeared. I noticed a tremendous decrease within one week.

Taurine also helps with circulation, and that is what I think the tinnitus improvement is due to.

One can go higher if they want (not recommended over 3000mg), but I find my results are adequate for me for now. Sometimes I take 1500 a day but not everyday. I have several bottles left of 500mg from Puritan's and it is easy to take 1500mg that way.

But for an elderly person like your client, I'd start slowly, just because of age, etc. Did you read the link about it?
It can lower blood sugar too for type II diabetics. So very high doses may upset treatment doses of antidiabetic drugs or insulin which may need to be adjusted.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-27-2016), kiwi33 (11-28-2016), OhKay (11-28-2016)