View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 05:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Celebrex Generic / Something weird happened

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving !

I think I was going through Celebrex generic withdrawal ? (can't remember the name and don't want to get up and look )

I took my last Celebrex that was in my bottle last Sunday morning. I knew I had called and refilled them on 11.12 because I write it down but could not find the bottle when I went to make my meds for the week on Monday morning.

I figured I just had not picked them up so drove thru the drug store and asked for them. They said I had picked it up on 11.16 ?

Went home and looked everywhere for them. All cars and truck and had everyone else looking also. But I didn't think it would be a big deal as far as my health was concerned for a few days. I take them for a finger I have that has one of those inflamed joints.

It was Thanksgiving week and everyone was running around with their heads cut off and I figured I'd call the pharmacy tomorrow and see if they could refill it.

WELL........during the night Tues/Wed I woke up in pain. My whole body hurt. My head was hurting the worst. I took 2 Tylenol and when that didn't help I took a Tylenol 3. I mean I was moaning, groaning and crying in pain. Reminded me of how I felt before I got pain meds for the SFN. I almost called my daughter to take me to the ER.
I finally slept a little while....felt horrible all day Wed and could not shake it. I would get up a little bit and then have to lay back down. Just felt horrible.

By Thursday at 4:30 pm I was again in moaning, groaning, crying pain again. We were to eat at 6:00 pm at my daughters house 2 houses down. My daughter suggested I take 2 Aleve and I did and went to sleep for 30 minutes. I did feel better when I woke up.....kinda high which is very weird for me.

I was totally off balance and kept listing to the right. Scary but I made it through. (Of course that's the night I was meeting my son's new girlfriend for the first time ).

I came home....tried to clean the cat's potty box and thought I was going to pass straight out.

All during this time I had asked the lady that borrowed my car to look and see if my meds were in there and she could not find them.

Friday morning I was sitting at the table with my head in my hands wondering if it was not taking the Celebrex that was doing this awful thing to my body and I got a text from the lady with my car.....she found them ! She had picked them up for me (which I had forgotten) and the bag had split and they had fallen under the seat.

She brought them to me and I immediately took one and went to bed. I woke up 2 hours later feeling much, much better but my body felt like it had been beaten or hit by a mac truck. I stayed in med all day just resting and thankful I was feeling better.

Woke up yesterday morning and I felt like my 'new' normal self.

What the heck happened ????? Was it not taking the Celebrex for 4 1/2 days ? Does it take the Celebrex along with my morphine and gabapentin to keep this SFN pain halfway under control ?

I know this was a long, long story but I really wanted to get it all out there. I'm telling you....I Wanted To Die !

Ok.....sorry for the book but if anyone can tell me what they think I would really appreciate it.

Y'all are such an awesome group

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote