View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 07:47 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Sorry you have this going on, DanielR.

But it doesn't sound like you've had anywhere near a thorough work-up for potential causes here.

There are acute onset, body-wide neuropathy onsets--I myself suffered through one in 2003--that can resemble Guillain Barre syndrome, but have mainly sensory symptoms. The problem, from what you're describing, is that such an onset may have symptoms that are mimicked exactly by sudden trauma to the brain or cervical spine (cervical spine compression that affects the spinal cord may cause symptoms not only in the shoulders/arms/hands but all the way down the body into the thighs/calves/feet).

Do you happen to have access to any of the reports of your imaging (MRI, CT) and/or nerve conduction studies, or any other testing? (You probably should have these anyway, to keep for your records.)

I, too, am curious as to why the first person indicated you have hereditary neuropathy without, apparently, any genetic testing (unless there was some in there you don't know about).

I would take a look at the following, as a guide to possible testing for causes of neurologic symptoms:

Liza Jane's Neuro Lab Sheets

Laboratory Diagnosis of Peripheral Neuropathy

Polyneuropathy Differential Diagnosis
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DanielR (11-29-2016), echoes long ago (11-28-2016), ger715 (11-28-2016)