View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 04:25 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Isn't daughter time the best! I don't get them together very often. We go down to Kentucky area every 3 months or so but when she is here in town our other daughter tries to be here all the time. Maybe it is so that the conversation stays away from politics which is pretty hot with my husband. At Thanksgiving both my daughter and I talked to our husbands and have them not talk politics but it didn't work out. My SIL is tactful enough that he was able to move on pretty quickly but I think my husband wants to talk politics all the time.

We are getting out tiny master bath done!!!!!!!!! I mean it is tiny. Very small shower with commode and vanity. We aren't doing anything with the shower since it is so small and we really don't like it. But it is so hard for Charlie to open up the pocket book. Well with his Parkinson's it is really hard for him to get into his billfold. Anyway, it was going to remove commode and vanity, put new floor in and then put commode and vanity back in. The compromise I did, pretty much everything. But in really looking into what the vanity he decided in buying a new one. So today the commode and vanity was removed,new flooring put in. He placed the vanity in the bathroom but it isn't hooked into the wall yet. Tomorrow they will finish and baseboards put down. Then I will have the hall bathroom back! Charlie can move his ileostomy supplies back to that bathroom I love him, I love the fact that he is so much healthier with the ileostomy but when he empties the back it stinks. AndI mean really S T I N K S. Got that??? Yep, it's that bad. All that aroma is removed as it goes through the lower intestine which he has had removed. But would I ever tell him he really stinks, no!

the floor and vanity are really close in color, didn't realize it would be that close until we got it all home. So although Charlie says he doesn't need a new shower curtain, curtain on the window (GASP) nice dish for soap and tooth brush, my youngest daughter and I will do all that. Oh, and another gast....paint on the wall. I have convinced him that it is my bathroom also even though I rarely use it. And now if we have company and the regular bathroom is in use, we have another one we can proudly direct them to. If we can just now keep his fists out of the wall.

Hope you all had the Thanksgiving you had planned on.Mine was wonderful, exhausting, made me realize that my frustrations of never hosting Christmas in my house would be impossible anyway. So I guess needed that message, just needed to experience it for myself. I think it wouldn't have been as bad as it was if I was not on the special medicine after a stent placed in the heart artery. I want my arthritis medicine back!!!!! And my Aleve or Advil.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (11-28-2016), Kitty (11-28-2016), PamelaJune (11-29-2016)