View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 10:45 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskari85 View Post
Thank you immensely for all of your replies here. My rheumy won't orchestrate a lip biopsy - just saw her on Monday. She is convinced I don't have sjs. She said she'd see it in my blood work somewhere, even if I am an antibody negative, and then she retested the whole spectrum of autoimmune and inflammation blood markers.

Interestingly enough, my RA has been quiet, so not surprisingly my CRP and ESR came back normal. She attributes all of this to the methotrexate and I'm sure she's right, but I also stopped eating grains, dairy, and all gluten, too AND I am on LDN.

I saw an eye doctor who told me that my eyes are not dry. I just don't know what to think or what to do. My neuropathy is much better when I don't eat sugar, grains, gluten, and dairy but I can't tell if it's reversing in any way. And then to have these normal inflammation markers now makes me feel like RA is my only autoimmune disease and now that it is under control and I don't have any inflammation - what the hell is causing my neuropathy?
Were you ever tested for celiac with blood work or scope? That can take a long time to heal the nerves. Also RA is an autoimmune process that has a name. Many don't. Whatever is attacking your joints can also be going after nerves. Do you also have dysautonomia?
Also, would your doctor let you try the plaquenil for the RA? I have a friend who only has an official diagnosis of RA and her doctor offered it. As far as I know that would the only other thing that would be offered. Were your vitamins and minerals checked? b-12, b1, b6, D, E, folate, iron, ferritin, copper, ceruloplasm, zinc?
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote