Thread: MG and alcohol
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 03:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl4plans View Post
Hey fellow MG suffers, I was just diagnosed a couple of weeks ago. A bit relieved to final have an answer to my symptoms but still trying to figure this out. Started on Prednisone and Pyridostigmine. Also had a CT scan which showed some abnormalities of the Thymus and have a consult with a surgeon this week. Feel like things are under control but don't want to get complacent.

One question my neurologist seems to be a bit fuzzy on. He wants me to stop drinking for now which I have done but God I miss my Jack Daniels at the end of the day. Not a heavy drinker but like to unwind with one after work. Any thoughts? Not looking for anyone to give me permission to have one just want to hear of others experience on this topic or general thoughts as I start this journey.

Thank you
to start off....everyone is different so my deal with mg might be different than yours. that being said i can drink a few without having any problems at all. my mg is well under control though. your doctor probably wants you to stop for the time being so you can get used to new medicines like the prednisone. drinking isnt the best thing in the world for your immune system so adding that to a new influx of pred is prolly his concern
brandonc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FREDH (11-30-2016)