View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 08:14 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
I have had the same reactions with Percocet and other pain meds. When I had a tooth implant I didn't even get the prescription filled. However, oxycodone was wonderful after my back surgery, not just with pain but also my mood and sleep. I can understand how so many people are addicted to it. My only caution is withdrawal, which I immediately had when I tried to stop. (I was only taking 1 pill at night.) I am tapering off slowly and it still isn't great. I gathered that you are only taking it occasionally for pain so I don't think you'll have that problem.

I don't think I'll have that problem. I use it because it's the only pain killer that works. It's been 2 years since I have the prescription and I've been taking in average 1/2 of a 5 mg pill about 3 x a week. There have been a few times that I had to take a whole one. I think I must be very lucky in that I don't get addicted and I guess because I'm careful with it, I don't get rebound pain when it wears off. It seems to quiet the flare and I rarely have to repeat the dose in the same day. When I went on vacation I took it more often so that I wouldn't ruin the kids time. There were certain things I couldn't do, but it helped a lot. I really don't know what I'd do with out it living with this terrible disease. I don't know why it is a last resort for doctors. I am able to avoid a slew of daily meds and take a few rescue meds as needed and most days I don't have to have anything in my system. I have chronic pain everyday of my life and I could justify taking it everyday, but I manage it with natural methods unless I can't... I am thankful that I have a doctor who trusts me as an adult to know what is the best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote