View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 08:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie0513 View Post
Hi Shay....Thank you ! I am starting physical therapy tomorrow so maybe I will ask about a TENS Unit. I am going to order a whirlpool bath for my feet. I know you mentioned that car vibrations ramp up your pain. I was 36 when I first experienced CRPS in my knees after surgery. I can remember going to the beach and when the waves crashed I would get weird sensations in my knees. and riding in a car was a nightmare. With this latest visit from CRPS, I am not sensitive to noice or vibration etc...shoes are an issue though!!!
I had all those issues when my pain wasn't under control yet. Once you get some "grasp" on that nerve pain, a lot of those issues just melt away. Trust me on that. It is worthwile to check with your doctor on what medications you need to take and what dosages.

I can't begin to describe what it was like without Neurontin (gabapentin), but that medication basically saved me, and continues to save me day in day out!!! It is a true miracle!!!

Sometimes, I mean it's all put away in pill boxes for the start of the week, but on the very few occasions I miss a dosage of Neurotin... wwwoooooh boy! It's like turning the clock back more than 20 years, when I first struggled with this. On those few occasions I get transported back to THEN and... gosh gosh gosh, how I don't want to be there anymore.

Painwise at least... (sensitivity, sensitivity to touch, vibrations, the ice / frostbite in both of the legs fully etc... basically: nerve pain).

I feel your pain! I mean it! But something has to be done about it!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sophie0513 (11-30-2016)