View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 11:01 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi MJ,

Here's the problem.... she has no idea how large the openings are so how can she determine if they need intervention before you fly? The prescriptions are not going to help close the perforations. In fact, taking antibiotics that you do not need can cause you to become ill because they severely disrupt the balance of the intestinal bacteria. In many people this could leave them with little to no healthy bacteria which would lead to all sorts of problems. Antibiotics are only intended to be used when necessary.

It is important to have a clinical and radio-graphic evaluation before you fly. She is OBLIGATED to see you and not put this off. If she won't, then it would be wise to consult with a different oral surgeon. However, most surgeons are going to be reluctant to surgically intervene where another surgeon has just performed surgery. She should be getting you in asap for an evaluation, period. She cannot make a determination based on just your symptoms over the phone and giving unnecessary antibiotics is not ethical.

Also, a side note about exercise.... it is not wise to perform any cardio exercise or anything similar that increases your BP or heart rate until the perforations are healed. There is a direct correlation between an elevation in BP and the maxillary sinus. She should have told you about that.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicjay View Post
Hi Bryanna,

My next question is if another surgeon can seal it up before I fly (I have to fly, can't cancel), would that be more preferable to have the hole(s) sealed up before, or leave them as it is as suggested by the current surgeon?

Thank you for being so helpful and patient with my queries. Turns out looking for subs to gigs is the least of this problem.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote