View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 04:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am currently wearing a flipper over an implant site as I wait for a crown. I have to say that it really depends on how the flipper is made. The first flipper my dentist made, which I paid over $700 for, was poorly made, came loose very often when I talked and was uncomfortable to wear. I didn't realize this at the time but thought that is just what I would have had to deal with for the next 8 months to a year until the implant and crown process was finished. Well, 4 months later after first getting the flipper- as luck would have it, I lost the flipper while I was on vacation, I sneezed and it fell into the ocean! So after being toothless for the remainder of the vacation I went back to my dentist and they ordered me another flipper (but, this time only charged half price, thank goodness). This new flipper was 100% better, it is more sturdy and covers more support area so I don't feel like the flipper is going to fall out if I talk or sneeze. In your case I would go back to the dentist and let them know that the flipper is uncomfortable and they either need to adjust it or make you a new one if possible. Good luck!
jenny8484 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote