View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 11:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hey there :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
Maybe a higher dose of celebrate and oxycodone 5mg as needed would allow you to get off the morphine? Only you know your pain. I suppose you have tried all the nerve daily meds? Lyrica, neurontin, and the tricyclics or ssri's that are supposed to help with these conditions?
Tramadol made me itch all over and kept me up all night.
Yep I've been through a few meds

I was on the BuTrans patch but had reached the max my dr would allow which was 20 mcg/hr. I wanted to try something else to see if it would help my pain better and I switched to the morphine ER. I'm also on disability and was going on an RX plan. Most of them didn't even cover the patch and the ones that did it was horribly expensive.

I'm on Neurontin (gabapentin) at the highest level 'my' body can take which is 1800 mgs a day. I tried Lyrica and Cymbalta but couldn't take either one. But trying them at least made me realize the gabapentin was working some for me.

The dr says my only other options at this point is switching to methadone (which both my adult kids said absolutely not---my son is a narcotics officer) or the new SCS.

I tried the SCS where you could feel the pulses last Dec and I was sooooo glad when they took that thing out of my back. Didn't help at all even though I tried to talk myself into it during the week of the trial.

I have to have an extended release.....I know that now. If not I'm laying in bed curled up in a fetal position moaning and groaning. Not fun.

Anyhow....guess I'll just keep rocking on like I am for right now. All I've done for 2 years is make changes to my meds and I'm tired......tired and need a break from that.

Thank you so much for the thoughts and suggestions.

.....I am on 40 mg of Paxil a day....to keep me sane ... started that before this monster raised it's ugly head.

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (12-11-2016)