View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 10:00 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi- My son is 4 years old, non verbal, and on the low functioning end of the ASD spectrum. He was diagnosed at 18 months through our county's Early Intervention program, but you could also get an assessment through a developmental pediatrician. They recommend ABA therapy for those with ASD. He now goes to a special needs pre-school and gets ABA in the morning there and then pulled out for speech (3x a week), OT and PT (2x a week). Unfortunately my local school district (which decides his services) tries to save money as much as they can and denied me services outside of what he gets in school, so I am now trying to go through my private insurance to get additional ABA therapy in my home for him 2x a week. I am also trying to see if I can apply for medicaid based on his disability because another parent I know gets ST and OT for her daughter through medicaid. If you can also get parent training at home that would be very helpful (my local school district denied me this). I am paying out of pocket for music therapy 1x a week which he seems to enjoy. Good luck, I know I was confused going through all this at first and I am still learning new things every day.
jenny8484 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote