View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 12:23 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

I'm enormously skeptical about all of this wholistic / naturalistic stuff. I also don't take any vitamins or supplements or anything like that. I'm not convinced any of it is of any real benefit. The one physician I saw who supposedly practiced wholistic medicine misdiagnosed Meniere's Disease for an ear infection & sent me on an odyssey that nearly resulted in a 3rd suicide attempt.

On the other hand, I've had pretty good success having anything that seemed at all unusual checked out by a doctor at whatever clinic I was going to at the time. One diagnosed me with cancer at a very early stage so that the repercussions were relatively minor in the whole scheme of things. And most recently, the GP I see currently (who is a surly old codger) recognized that I was developing Lamictal rash, which can in some cases, be deadly. My psychiatrist had never even mentioned it as a possible concern. And when I telephoned & spoke with his assistant, because I seemed to be developing a rash on my chest, she told me it was probably nothing to worry about. So these have been some of my experiences. Anyway, bizi, thanks for sharing this. I hope you have good experiences with your upcoming appointments.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-02-2016), Dmom3005 (12-06-2016), Mari (12-02-2016), OhKay (12-04-2016)