View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 10:27 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Actually, sending good thoughts... compassion, lovingkindness & joy to those we dislike, or who have made life difficult for us, is a basic practice within the Mahayana Buddhist tradition. One starts out by sending good thoughts / wishes to oneself & then to someone one is close to. Then one sends those same good thoughts to, perhaps, friends & acquaintances... people one knows but is not necessarily close to. Next one sends those good thoughts to people one perhaps does not really know... people we pass on the street, for example. Then one moves on to people one might actually dislike or even fear. We then visualize ourselves standing together with all of these people receiving the same good wishes together. The practice ends by sending out the same good thoughts to all sentient beings everywhere. I have, on occasion posted one of these on PsychCentral (although it never seemed to attract much interest...) Perhaps I'll post one here on NT now-&-again...
I believe that but is it especially hard when you are bipolar and have anger issues. I tried to pray for the cleaning woman and finally saw that she had a soft side when she talked about her son and daughter. there was something to connect to. I don't want her back. I will try to focus on her feelings towards towards her children. I hate to be taken advantage of especially when the think you are older and can get a way with it and treat you not nicely or at lease civilly. I did remind her of the two bags of rice I gave her and she thanked me
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-04-2016), Dmom3005 (12-05-2016), Mari (12-04-2016), OhKay (12-05-2016), Skeezyks (12-05-2016)