View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 05:29 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingRollerCoaster View Post
Thanks Hains.

Yes, that all totally makes sense. Why do you think my name is RidingRollerCoaster ! I make gains and think, I'm almost done. But then something happens and I fall back a bit.

That's so interesting that the areas you treated came back good on the SPECT scan.

Where are you getting your SPECT scans? And what type of scientist are you?

Also, what other things have you been doing that you think have helped?

Thanks for trying all of this and reporting back to us. Maybe when you are done you will have excellent results to tell us about!
Quite a suitable name. Thankfully roller coasters have happy endings.

I'm Canadian, so with a great deal of effort I educated then convinced my family doctor about a SPECT scan, but I got him to set me up in the free public system. The hospital where I live has 2 machines. It took a long time on the wait list, and will likely be a year or 2 before I can get a follow up scan to confirm my recovery efforts.

By trade i'm an environmental scientist, but I tend to incorporate data analysis and technical reading into everything, including PCS recovery. I find it super helpful for filtering out crap from frontier medicine, like supplement science, DIY endocrinology and light therapy...

The most effective and cheapest lifestyle interventions ive tried were low carb diet, Dr. Jacobs sleep hygiene, aerobic exercise ,adrenal support through supplements, cold showers and hot saunas for hormone replenishment, and visualization meditation. The latter is the most important. I literally visualize the repair of a damaged area. Lately, I've been visualizing the diffusion of cerebral blood flow into the deficient parts of my brain, as per my SPECT scan. If anything, it helps develop belief.

Additionally, I've found varying levels of success with LLLT, atlas realignment, prolotherapy, and balance physio for visual vestibular mismatch.
Hains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote