Thread: Pain App
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 07:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi NYM,

It is great to hear from you and it seems pain isn't keeping you from creating and consulting. How exciting! The app sounds fantastic.

As some of you know I have been dedicated to exercising however possible since the beginning of these foot shenanigans. Initially that meant 2-3 minutes on an exercise bike and a little swishing around in the pool. I was still on crutches for months. Now I can bike or swim 30 minutes and can not only walk but actually run over a mile. It took over two years of solid work. Getting to this point required micro-management of my routine and endlessly writing in a calendar to try to understand advances and setbacks.

An app that could track that and give data for both exercise and pain in chart form would be very helpful. I've tried exercise apps but they either don't have enough variety in the types of exercise (many lack swimming) or don't have a good way to write notes about the workout. AND tracking pain that way would require going back through everything. That's why I'm still with the calendar.

It might be nice if there was a way to put an asterisk or flag certain days, let's say you noticed something unusual that day - a new pain or you just had a great workout and wanted to draw attention to it. I sometimes have to trawl back through my calendar to find this sort of info.

The social networking aspect sounds great too. It's difficult to get regular people excited about the fact that you are now biking 5 minutes and walking for 10. Woo-hoo! Go strong!

Thanks for involving us on this. I hope this great idea continues to get the recognition it deserves.
Take care,

Shine Your Bright Light
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (12-08-2016), catra121 (12-05-2016), newyorkmets (12-07-2016), PurpleFoot721 (12-06-2016), RSD ME (01-19-2017), Sophie0513 (12-04-2016)